A few weeks ago a fabulous and very exciting opportunity came up to work with Julia Buckley and her online gym so I had to participate – I love working with people who share the same ethos and outlook on life as me. Julia offers an incredible online workout programme which you can do in the comfort of your own home – for a fraction of the cost of a gym membership or personal training, you can achieve amazing results!
To spread the word of her online gym and newly published eBook “Ignite” to accompany the online workouts, Julia has set up a group of Fitness Rockstars – and I’m lucky enough to be one of them 🙂 What is a Fitness Rockstar?!
The Fitness Rockstars are a collective of people with a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place.
We’re not professional athletes, or even what many would consider typical “fitness people”, but we all appreciate the privilege of having the ability to move our bodies and we’ve all experienced having our worlds rocked by the astounding difference fitness and health has made to our lives.
Neither are we celebrities, or in a position to spread our message to millions of people, but if something we post can help light the fuse that helps anyone to discover myriad of amazing benefits of doing what takes to be fit and strong which ripple out into all areas of life, then we’ll feel like stars for sure.
To help us Fitness Rockstars get to know one other, Julia conducted a small interview…
- For me, fitness is all about: Feeling great! There’s nothing more exhilarating than the feeling of blood pumping through your veins, pushing your body to the limit and achieving those fitness goals 🙂 I love the feeling of motivation, determination and productivity which I get when exercising – it makes my whole day feel more positive, active and worthwhile. It also helps my body confidence and makes me more time efficient in other tasks.
- I get most excited to do my workout when: I’ve had a bad day… If I’m feeling down in the dumps then the best way to clear my thoughts is to have a good workout session; it helps to channel my frustration/ anger/ negativity into adrenaline and motivation to do that extra rep, run that extra kilometre, or to hold the plank an extra 10 seconds.
- When a workout really pushes me to my limit, I think to myself: Wow, great work! I’m always positive when working out as I love the feeling of progressing, seeing results and achieving the goals I’ve set out for myself.
- I’m most likely to skip my workout if: It’s raining outside. I suffer quite badly from SAD and the weather/ seasons really affect my mood (which is quite volatile anyway) so the rain outside will dampen my spirits and tempt me to just stay warm inside with a cuppa!
- In a group fitness session I’ll be the one who: Puts the tunes on – you can’t have a good workout in silence, it’s all about the motivational bangers to take your mind off the strain/ pain!
- The item of exercise equipment I’d most hate to go without is: My yoga mat! I can’t be doing sit ups (or any ab work for that matter) on the cold hard floor – or even worse, the other day, on the wet grass 😥
- The last thing I usually do before starting my workout is: Take a selfie at the gym… (Shamefully I will admit to it!!) Yes I’m one of those people who snapchat when they’re at the gym; I mean, I’m going to get hot and sweaty so I’ll be out of snapchat action for the next hour or so…
- My top 5 workout music tracks are: 1. Pump It – The Black Eyed Peas; 2.Run the World – Beyonce; 3. Just Like Fire – P!nk; 4. Light It Up – Major Lazer; 5. Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
- If I start feeling ‘meh’ about fitness I give myself a boost by: Putting on one of my favourite workout tracks! I love music, dancing and all things related so nothing will give me more of an energy boost than a heartfelt song by P!nk!
- The most important thing I’ve learned about fitness in the last year is: Don’t compare yourself to others. It’s easier said than done of course, but there’s nothing worse than comparing yourself to that ultra lean, super fit, uber defined muscleman lifting the equivalent of five times your body weight or that skinny yet toned girl in the gym – it helps no one and will just get you down! Everyone has their own diets, workout regimes; and it’s discovering what’s best for YOU (in terms of lifestyle choices, daily routine, work schedule etc.) which is the important thing.
Let me know in the comments about your fitness regime – What motivates you? Are you working towards a particular goal or just want to maintain a good level of fitness? Do you workout in the gym or at home?
Check out the other rockstars’ interviews by searching for the hashtags #JuliaBFit and #FitnessRockstars on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!
Mindfully, Moni x
With the winter months come cold, dark nights and so we tend to slip into bad habits – both in terms of dietary and fitness choices; so it only seemed the perfect time to try out and review The Healthy Body Kit! I love the fact that, at the HBK, they celebrate all things healthy and include some fantastic products in their boxes for you to try, helping you to feel a little healthier during a season where one naturally feels slightly sluggish and eat/ drink a little extra 🙂
Our aim is to help you become the best version of yourself that there is – fitter, healthier and happier! – The Healthy Body Kit
The Healthy Body Kit is a monthly subscription, especially designed for women who – like me – have a keen interest in Health, Fitness and Organic Skin Care; a fully body approach to health and wellbeing. Each month you can receive a selection of amazing products delivered directly to your door – so no need to make that trip to WholeFoods or Planet Organic! They pride themselves in only selecting the very best products for their kits and aim to provide you with a selection of fitness, health and organic skin care products to sample.
What’s included in a Healthy Body Kit?
- Fitness Supplements
- Organic skin care
- Health Supplements
- Health foods and clean eats
Although that sounds (and is) incredible in itself, The Healthy Body Kit is much more than just a subscription box! Each month you will also have access to their online resource, called ‘A Healthier You’ which enables you to access a 30 day fitness plan, healthy recipes and meal plans, informative blogs to help support your steps towards a healthier lifestyle and amazing discounts for some of your favourite healthy products and brands. It’s an absolutely brilliant way to keep motivated and achieve all your fitness/ health goals so that you don’t feel like you have to do it all by yourself, making it less daunting and more manageable to accomplish your aims!
I received the December Healthy Body Kit which had these fabulous products, carefully selected for their nutrition, health benefits and/ or organic sources:
- Terre Verdi FranChouliPom Facial Serum: With organic argan and pomegranate oils, which bring vitamins and antioxidants to your skin naturally, the FranChouliPom facial serum also brings frankincense and patchouli essential oils to the fight against the effects of stress and ageing. Like the rest of the Terre Verdi range, this facial serum is designed to keep your skin look fabulous: supple, nourished and taut. Use daily on your face to help prevent dryness and lines. It can also be used as massage oil. FranChouliPom facial serum is 99% organic and COSMOS certified organic.
- Love Your Blender’s ‘Super Berry’: A single serving sachet of superfoods, whole nuts and seeds, to boost your at-home smoothie with nutrition and flavour. Just add in your blender with fresh ingredients. Recipe suggestions are inside the label – follow the Intense suggestion for a decadently dark, intensely fruity drink; follow the Creamy suggestion for a comforting, velvety, sweet cinnamon treat. Both are packed with antioxidants, thanks to a trio of Brazilian berries – goji, camucamu and acai – and bursting with good fats, fibre and whole protein. No blender? Try stirred into porridge for a tasty superfood boost.
- Buff Bake Protein Nut Butter: Buff Bake offers a variety of flavours – I received the Snickerdoodle Protein Almond Butter, which was simply luscious ❤ Each 340g jar of this delicious nut butter is fortified with all natural whey protein so you’re guaranteed 11g of protein per 2 tablespoons, plus: 6g of Fibre,7g of Carbohydrates, just 1g of Sat Fats. It also has added chia, hemp and flax seeds – ideal for keeping your Omega-3 and antioxidant levels topped up. Handmade using the finest, freshest almonds, this fantastic almond butter has no added sugar (contains naturally occurring sugar) or salt and is even gluten free.
- The Chia Co 8g Chia Seed Sachet: A great way to get a nutritional boost on the go, two shots of chia a day will provide you with 3g of Omega 3 ALA, 6g of dietary fibre and more than 3g of complete protein. These nutritious little seeds can be eaten raw – sprinkle onto your porridge or granola or add to salads and smoothies.
- Healthspan Elite: Performance Greens has been developed by Healthspan Elite’s nutrition experts alongside their Official Partners, Team Sky, to provide a convenient means of topping up the fruit and vegetables you get naturally in your diet.Containing a high potency blend of 14 vegetables, fruits, herbs and botanicals, Performance Greens is a nutrient dense formulation packed full of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and fibre. Ingredients include algae superfoods, spirulina and chlorella, dark leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale plus highly concentrated matcha tea.
As well as being rich in phytochemicals and polyphenols, these specific ingredients have been chosen as they are alkaline-forming. Effective cell metabolism is of critical importance for recovery and overall performance. Cells and tissues require a slightly alkaline environment to function effectively. One of the simplest ways of achieving and maintaining the perfect PH balance in the digestive system is through a diet that is rich in alkaline-forming foods.
Created to be highly palatable, Performance Greens has a delicious natural lime flavour and is gently sweetened with stevia. Stevia is an organically formed product made from the crystallisation of plant leaf and has the added benefit of being virtually calorie free.
Mindfully, Moni x