Hey everyone! It’s been so hectic at uni with my exams, rowing training schedule, and general life so I’ve taken a bit of a break from blogging, but I’m back with a new breakfast recipe featuring Vita Coco’s new Coconut Milk – a dairy-free alternative which is a perfect substitute for regular milk. It’s generally been so much fun to experiment around with their new Coconut Milk Alternative so I hope that you’re inspired to do the same.
CACAO & BERRY LAYERED SMOOTHIE
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp oats
handful of berries
1 tsp cranberry and lingonberry powder (optional)
1/2 medium avocado
2 tbsp cacao powder
3 dates (soaked if needed)
- Blend the first 5 ingredients until super smooth and creamy. Pour half of the mixture into a glass or jar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the remaining smoothie mix and blend once again.
- Carefully pour the chocolate smoothie into your serving jar or glass then pour a layer of the berry smoothie mix.
- Alternate between the smoothie mixes.
- Then top with some nibbles and more fruit!
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!
Mindfully, Moni x
N.B. This recipe is an entry into the Dairy Free Style Your Breakfast challenge with Vita Coco and Foodies100. See more great breakfast ideas athttp://vitacoco.com/uk/