‘CHOCOLATE BROWNIE’ CACAO WAFFLES
2 tbsp amaranth flour (Can be substituted for buckwheat or any other fine-grained flour)
1 tbsp coconut flour
2-3 tbsp Aduna Super Cacao powder
2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (Vegan substitute: flax eggs)
150 ml unsweetened almond milk (Or any other plant-based milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: 2 tbsp (powdered, chocolate) peanut buttter
1. Preheat your waffle iron and coat it with coconut oil.
2. Sift the flours, cacao powder, coconut sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then whisk to combine.
3. Add in the flax eggs, milk, vanilla extract and peanut butter (if using), then whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. How many waffles you get will depend on your waffle iron. Mine has two square wells, so I pour 3-4tbsp of the batter onto the centre of each. Use your judgement with how your own waffle iron cooks.
5. Let the waffle iron do it’s magic and repeat with the rest of the batter until it’s gone!
6. Then top with whatever you want – melted peanut butter, chopped fruit, banana ice cream… You name it 😃
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 😃
Mindfully, Moni x
Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!