I was very excited to be offered a chance to sample the Rhythm108 Dessert Bar range – of course I wouldn’t decline such an opportunity! And I wasn’t disappointed either; look at that amazing parcel of goodies they sent including some matcha order, coconut chips and dried strawberries to experiment around with in the kitchen 😍
– BANANA MUFFIN: From just tearing open the colourful, vibrant and attractive packaging, my senses were raised by the luscious, dense banana-y smell reminiscent of banana bread. Excited to sample this Rhythm108 bar, I eagerly chopped up a half to try it as it was and oh my was it delicious! I loved the dense texture of the bar and that it wasn’t too chewy but held together nicely.. But the taste was simply perfect: not overly sweet that the treat felt decadent and sickly, but sweet enough to curb those afternoon cravings!
The other half (which I heated up as the instructions on the back recommended) was, of course, naturally softer and chewier but also slightly more crumbly which changed the texture to resemble more of a muffin which I really enjoyed as it felt more like a dessert so satisfied my sweet tooth!
– LEMON CAKE: Mmm this was so scrumptious – zesty, lemony and so light! Loved the spring/ summery feel to this dessert bar; totally getting me into a more positive and energetic mood 🙂 Loved how the texture was dense like the other bars, but not as rich which meant that it felt more like a snack rather than a heavy, decadent dessert so is more suited to the current warmer weather👌
Warmed up, this bar was even more delicious as the texture was softer and more gooey so a gorgeous warm and melty feeling in your mouth ❤️
– COCONUT MACAROON: I liked how this dessert bar had a different texture than the others: slightly more crumbly, although still dense, less fudge-like and more brownie-like! The taste was, as usual, spot on with the right balance between sweet and decadent; however, as a nutter for coconuts, I would’ve liked a stronger coconut taste but for most people it will probably be just right 🙂
When heated up, this bar simply came alive with a warm, pull-apart feel to it to perfectly accompany your afternoon tea ❤ I also think that the coconut flavour came out more strongly so I’d advise coconut lovers like me to heat this baby up 😜 And at only 175 per bar, it’s the perfect guilt-free treat!
– APPLE PIE: Omigosh this flavour was simply gorgeous! I loved the dense yet soft and chewy texture which was so easy to bite into and the melt-in-your-mouth sensation ❤️ The taste was, as ever, absolutely delicious with a strong cinnamon kick and apple flavour which reminded me of Christmas and warm apple pie on cold wintery evenings!
Perfect for the nostalgic sentiments of colder days – so is even more special when baked in the oven for a couple of minutes to get that soft and melty texture accompanied with a lovely cinnamon smell wafting around the kitchen👌
– CHOCO-WALNUT BROWNIE: Yummy is all I can say! I was actually pleasantly surprised when I bit into this bar as the texture and taste was not what I was expecting 😱 I thought the bar would be dense, rich and guilt-trippingly decadent but I was, instead, met by a light, crumbly, cake-like texture and a dark cacao taste that wasn’t overly sweet or sickening! It was love at first bite, I’m telling you ❤️ And the chopped up pieces of crunchy walnuts were a treat to complement the cake-like texture of the bar👌
For extra ooziness and cacao love, I’d definitely recommend heating this bar up as it really intensifies the cacao taste and creates a melt-in-the-mouth feeling of chocolately heaven.. Mmmm 😍
Mindfully, Moni x
Did you like this post? Then subscribe to my blog and get all my posts by email!