When Primal Snack Box approached me asking to write a paleo-friendly blog post, I thought “what better than a warming oatmeal recipe!?”…
It’s that time of the year again when the days are becoming shorter, afternoons are getting darker and all you feel like doing is snuggling up on the sofa in front of the fire with a mug of hot chocolate to watch Christmas films! To help you feel toasty and warm this winter, I’ve adapted a recipe from Organic Burst’s Chia Recipe Book and oh my lord it’s simply divine if I may so myself ❤
WARMING CHIA OATMEAL:
- 45g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1 cup almond milk (substitute: cashew milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (can be omitted; subject to taste)
- pinch of Creative Nature pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Toppings: fresh fruit, pumpkin seeds, Creative Nature goji berries
- Combine all the ingredients for the oatmeal in a pan until both mixtures are smooth and free of lumps. (Note: Some people like to add in the mashed banana after cooking but I do this before cooking; it’s completely up to you!)
- Cook the oatmeal on a medium-low heat until the milk no longer separates from the oats, when stirring with a wooden spoon, and the desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove the oatmeal from the hob and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the toppings/ wash the fruit.
- Pour the oatmeal into a breakfast bowl; sprinkle with your desired toppings & ENJOY!
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x