Happy Saturday! We all know what tomorrow means… Pancakes! I simply love Saturdays as it’s always followed by Pancake Sunday and I simply had to share this recipe with you all in anticipation of tomorrow morning 😀
The flavour of this pancake stack was inspired by a childhood favourite of mine – Jaffa Cakes which are a biscuit covered in a chocolate coating and with an orange jelly centre. Now, I wish I could veganise Jaffa Cakes *drifts into a chocolatey-orange daydream* but I am no magician so until then, these pancakes will just have to do!
CHOCOLATE ORANGE ‘JAFFA [PAN]CAKES’
40g wholewheat flour
40g oat flour (simply blend Jumbo rolled oats)
2tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
200ml unsweetened almond milk and juice of 1 medium-sized orange OR 1 (330ml) Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Orange Mylk Carton
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp coconut sugar (any granulated sweetener of your choice is fine)
1tsp coconut oil, melted
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cacao powder and sweetener) in a deep, medium-sized bowl, leaving a well in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour all the wet ingredients (almond milk and melted coconut oil) into the centre of the bowl where you made a well in the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until the batter is well-combined, smooth of lumps and fairly thin (add in the orange zest at this point, if using).
- Heat a small blob of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat.
- Pour batter (I use three flat tablespoons but it will differ according to the size of your pan) onto the centre of the pan while swirling the pan’s handle, using a circular movement of your wrist, to cover the base and create a thin pancake.
- Wait until bubbles appear on the top side of your pancake (approx. after a minute) before flipping over with a spatula.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until all your pancakes are cooked.
- Layer up the pancakes, filling with banana slices and serving with coconut yoghurt.
- Top with your favourite toppings & ENJOY!
Serves 2-3 people.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x