RAW VEGAN ‘SNICKERS’ NANA ICE CREAM
For the nougat nana ice cream:
3-4 frozen bananas
150ml unsweetened almond milk
1tbsp peanut butter
3tbsp raw peanuts
Drop of vanilla
For the date caramel:
5-6 medjool dates (If using other types of dates, they may need to be soaked overnight)
3tbsp unsweetened almond milk (Add more if you desire a thinner caramel)
Pinch of Creative Nature Himalayan salt
Dash of vanilla
For the chocolate ‘magic sauce’:
1tbsp coconut oil, melted
3tbsp rice syrup (Can be substituted for agave, maple, coconut, date or apple syrup)
1tbsp Creative Nature cacao powder
- Blend the first two ingredients for the nougat nana ice cream until smooth. Then, add the remaining three ingredients and blend once more until all the ingredients have been incorporated – the ice cream should be quite thick and smooth. Transfer to a jar/ bowl and place the ice cream in the freezer whilst you prepare the remaining components of this dish.
- Next, make the date caramel by blending the first two ingredients until as smooth as desired. (Note: I stopped my blender mid-programme as I wanted the dates to be slightly chunky and the caramel to be thick). Next, add the remaining ingredients and blend again until peanuts are roughly chopped. Transfer the caramel to a small, shallow bowl whilst you prepare the chocolate hardening sauce.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small, shallow bowl (I actually use a shot glass or egg cup in order to pour out the sauce more easily) and then add the rice syrup as well as the cacao powder. Mix well and put aside.
- Remove the banana ice cream from the freezer, drizzle with the date caramel and chocolate ‘magic sauce’.
- Finish off with your favourite toppings & ENJOY!
Mindfully, Moni x