STRAWBERRIES & CREAM CREPES
For the crepes:
45g wholemeal/ buckwheat flour
25g oat flour (Note: blended oats is fine; that’s what I use)
2tbsp coconut sugar or any other granulated sweetener/ sugar of choice
1 egg (vegan substitute: flax egg)
200ml unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
For the cream filling:
100g plain, white-coloured yoghurt e.g. coconut, Greek or quark
1tbsp berry powder or fruit jam
1tbsp plant-based milk (if needed, to loosen mixture)
For the strawberry drizzle:
2tsp vegan strawberry syrup/ sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the crepes in a deep, medium-sized bowl and whisk, with an electric whisk, until the batter is smooth and free from lumps. The batter will be quite thin.
- Melt a drop of coconut oil (vegetable oil will work as well) on a low-medium heat, in a small pan.
- Pour batter (I use three flat tablespoons but it will differ according to the size of your pan) onto the centre of the pan while swirling the pan’s handle, using a circular movement of your wrist, to cover the base and create a thin crepe.
- When the underneath is golden, flip the crepe (Note: the edges of the crepe should be peeling upwards and so I use my fingers to flip them as it’s much easier than using a spatula).
- Remove when the crepe is completely cooked on the other side and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Whilst the crepes are cooking, combine the ingredients for the cream filling in a small, shallow bowl until the mixture is smooth and free from lumps. Add more liquid as required to thin the filling.
- Fill each crepe with the cream filling. Top with strawberries, a chopped bar and drizzle with the strawberry sauce.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x