CHOCO-COCONUT ‘LAMINGTON’ OATMEAL PARFAIT
For the oatmeal:
40g rolled oats
1 mashed banana
2-3tbsp Naturya Organic Chocolate Blend
1tbsp coconut sugar (for extra sweetness, can be omitted)
1tsp of coconut shreds
150ml coconut milk
* You will also need 150g plain-coloured yoghurt e.g. Coconut/ Greek and 50g Granola for layering *
Suggestions for decoration:
Fresh fruits e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
1tsp coconut shreds
1 square of chocolate
1/2 bar, cut into small squares
- Combine all the ingredients for the oatmeal in a pan until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps; and then cook on a medium-low heat until the milk is no longer separate from the oats and the desired consistency is reached. (Note: Some people like to add in the mashed banana after cooking but I do so before cooking; it’s completely up to you!)
- Carefully remove oats from the hob and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the toppings/ wash the fruit.
- Prepare two clear glasses and begin by pouring 1/4 of the choco-coconut oatmeal into each glass and level the top with the back of a spoon so that it’s an even layer. (I like to add sliced fruit onto the sides of the glasses at this stage, before adding the yoghurt, but this is for presentation purposes only).
- Then pour half of the yoghurt into each glass and level off again.
- Next, layer over the granola and level off.
- Pour the remaining oatmeal into both glasses and smooth over the surface of the oats.
- Decorate with desired toppings and enjoy!
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x