STRAWBERRY JAM DONUT CREPES
½ cup fresh chopped strawberries
3 tablespoons raw sugar/ granulated sweetener e.g. brown sugar, stevia
45g flour e.g. organic wholemeal spelt flour, white flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar (same type as above)
1 egg (can be substituted for a flax egg if your vegan)
½ tsp vanilla extract
100ml unsweetened almond milk
- Start by making the jam so that by the time it’s done, your crepes will be ready for serving!
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, water and sweetener/sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and simmer until a syrupy jam forms (approx 15mins). Meanwhile make your crepes! 🙂
- Combine crepe ingredients in a bowl and whisk until batter is smooth and free from lumps. The batter will be thin. Pour about 4tbsp of the batter per crepe (depending on the size of your pan) onto the centre of a non-stick, preheated pan (on low heat) while swirling around in order to cover the entire base and create a thin crepe. When golden, flip and cook on the other side.
- Remove when both sides are cooked to a golden brown, and roll up onto serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/ coconut/ icing sugar if desired and top with the jam and additional fruit for a delish nutritious meal!
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x