STRAWBERRIES & CREAM FRENCH TOAST
2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
½ tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons low fat (or fat free) cream cheese
½ tablespoon (extra) natural sweetener/sugar of choice
4 – 5 sliced strawberries (enough to cover one toast)
2 pieces of bread of choice (I use sourdough because I love it, but you can use anything your heart desires)
- Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar and vanilla together in a shallow bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and the (extra) sweetener/sugar.
- Spread both pieces of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and add the sliced strawberries to one slice of bread.
- Top with the second piece of bread and gently press the edges down to ‘seal.’
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mix, and turn to coat.
- Heat a non-stick pan with cooking oil spray over low-medium heat.
- Fry sandwich for about 3 – 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To serve, dust with (optional) icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from here.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x