RAW CARAMEL ‘SNICKERS’ SLICE
1 cup dried dates
½ cup pecans
½ cup walnuts
½ cup raw cacoa powder
¼ cup dried figs
2 cups dried dates, soaked in water for 1-2 hours
5 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup maple syrup/agave nectar or a raw sweetener of choice
¼ cup coconut oil
- Start by preparing the base: blend all the base ingredients in a food processor/ mixer until they form together.
- Turn out into a 20 x 20cm deep dish tray and press down with your hands until the mixture in evenly distributed to form the base.
- Next take the dates that you have soaked, discard the water and blend together with the water, coconut oil and salt until silky smooth. Pour this over the base and smooth the top out until flat. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes before adding the topping.
- Blend together the topping ingredients. Blend the cacao powder, coconut oil and sweetener of choice until smooth. Remove the tray containing the base and caramel from the freezer and gently spread the chocolate topping over the caramel. Use a spatula to make the top as smooth and level as possible.
- Store in the freezer, well covered for 3 hours before slicing and serving, preferably overnight.
Mindfully, Moni x