DATE & CACAO BLISS BALLS
2 cups raw cashews soaked in water for 2-3 hours, then drained
1 cup medjool dates
1/2 cup cacao powder
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
Desiccated coconut, cocoa nibs, maca powder to coat
- Place cashews in your food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add oats and blend them so the oats break up a little.
- Add in the rest of the bliss ball ingredients and process until you get a crumbly, evenly combined mixture.
- Pinch test your mixture and see if it sticks together. If it is too dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water. If it’s too wet, add a touch more cacao powder.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of the mixture out and roll in to balls (tip: it’s easier if you wet your hands just slightly; the mixture won’t stick to you as much then!)
- Cover your balls in coatings of choice. Store in the fridge for a few weeks or freeze for 1-2 months for a longer life.
Makes approx. 20 small bliss balls
Recipe adapted from here.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x