3 cups rolled oats (not the instant ones you buy in pre-pared sachets)
270g coconut sugar
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1/4tsp kosher salt
50g vegetable oil (I like to use melted coconut oil)
1tsp vanilla extract
100g small-dice dried fruit e.g. apricot, mango, apple, banana
70-80g coarsely chopped raw or toasted nuts or seeds
- Heat the oven to 150°C and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Stir the oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl to combine; then set aside.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir thoroughly. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until everything is properly combined and the liquidy ingredients are well-incorporated into the oats.
- Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven to stir and continue baking until the granola is a very light golden-brown colour (about 5-15 minutes more).
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally (about 20 minutes). NB: It will harden as it cools.
- Add the dried fruit and nuts or seeds to the baking sheet and toss to roughly combine the ingredients.
- Store the granola in an airtight container (such as a sealed jar) and then it’s ready for the morning!
- Consume within 2 weeks.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x