NEAPOLITAN OAT PARFAIT // Mango and Coconut Bircher Muesli, Red Berries Oatmeal & Cacao Oatmeal
For the Bircher Muesli:
1 tbsp chopped dried mango or other dried fruit of your choice
1 tbsp coconut shreds
1 tbsp linseeds
6 tbsp apple juice
100ml yoghurt (soy, coconut, Greek – whatever)
Splash of milk, to loosen
For the oatmeal layers:
1 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp cacao powder
5 fresh strawberries
1. Soak the oats for the Bircher muesli and dried fruit, linseeds plus coconut shreds in the apple juice overnight.
2. Add the yoghurt to bowl. Add enough milk to bring to a loose porridgey consistency. (Alternatively you could just buy a ready-made pot of Bircher Muesli)
3. Next cook your oatmeal: Boil the oats in 2 cups of water until the water is fully soaked in.
4. Once the oats are boiled, pour 1/2 of the oatmeal into a blender (or use a handheld blender), and blend with the berries. You can blend until smooth, but I like to blend just a little bit so that some of the berries remain chunky. Layer on top of the Bircher muesli.
5. Pour the rest of the oats into a bowl and mix it with 1 T Creative Nature cacao powder until your oats are chocolatey. Add more cacao if you want them even creamier. Layer on top of the berry oats.
6. Top the chocolate oats with any toppings such as coconut flakes, chopped up bars.
Mindfully, Moni x