Maca Apple Spiced Waffles
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp maca powder
1/2 tsp apple pie spice (if you add in more then it have a VERY strong taste)
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 flax eggs (or normal eggs if you’re not vegan)
4 tbsp coconut/ almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice e.g. agave, maple syrup (syrupy sweeteners not granulated to form a smoother consistency)
1. Preheat your waffle iron and coat it with vegetable oil.
2. Sift the coconut flour, maca powder, apple pie spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then whisk to combine.
3. Add in the flax eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sweetener, then whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. How many waffles you get will depend on your waffle iron. Mine has two square wells, so I pour 3-4tbsp of the batter onto the centre of each. Use your judgement with how your own waffle iron cooks.
5. Let the waffle iron do it’s magic and repeat with the rest of the batter until it’s gone!
6. Then top with whatever you want – melted peanut butter, chopped fruit.. You name it 🙂
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x