50g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 ml almond milk
2 tbsp Nutella (or any chocolate/cacao hazelnut spread)
2 tbsp sugar of choice
0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp store-bought cinnamon sugar
1. Combine pancake ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly whisk well until smooth.
2. Place Nutella into the microwave for 30 sec until warm and slightly thinner.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat and add some oil to lightly grease pan. Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the pan and spread out gently by making a circular movement with your wrist, shaping into a round pancake shape.
4. Spoon about ½ tsp of Nutella onto the centre of the batter, and then gently pour a little pancake batter over the top to cover the Nutella completely. (You can gently seal it with the back of your spoon to ensure no Nutella touches the pan).
5. When the underside is golden, gently flip with a spatula and cook until golden.
6. Repeat with remaining batter and Nutella.
7. Prepare a wide shallow dish with the cinnamon sugar, and immediately place each pancake onto the cinnamon sugar while they’re still warm. Evenly coat both sides, and place onto a serving dish.
Remember to use the hashtag #mindfullymade on social media platforms to share with me your creations 🙂
Mindfully, Moni x